Blake and I always collaborate on her looks—we have a close relationship and have been working together for so many years. We planned this look about a week ago after having multiple Facetimes and sending each other mood boards back and forth. Blake had sent me pictures of the dress, which was a sequined Prabal Gurung, and she wanted a look that was sweet, but edgy. We usually draw inspiration from the movie promos and try to match the theme, but this time we decided that didn’t work. We went off the dress instead opting for pressed flowers paired with a more rock and roll style. I love that it was innocent with a wild edge, breaking away from what she usually does. -Elle
New York Celebrity Nail Artist and LeChat Influencer, Enamelle, created Blake Lively’s Red Carpet nail look for the movie premiere of Free Guy.
Want the look? Elle breaks down her process in a few simple steps:
- First I applied a full set of gel nails (tips) using LeChat Liquid Gel Builder in Clear followed by filing and shaping the nails into an oval shape. There’s no need to apply a basecoat since it’s already a gel nail (from the builder gel).
- I painted the tips with LeChat Perfect Match Smoke Show, which is a slate gray cream—and matches the Pantone color of the year.
- I then went back to the middle of the nail and applied Smoke Show again, making it thinner and painting it up to the top. This made the top (the tips) darker and created the ombre effect.
- Once the ombre effect was achieved, I applied just one, very sheer coat of LeChat Perfect Match Simply Me (launching in the Fall 2021 collection), which is a light pink, just to blend it out and warm up the gray.
- Lastly, I took tiny pressed flowers (you can find these at a craft store), soaking them first in alcohol to soften them up and then placing them on the nail. This is delicate work and took a little longer than usual as adding the flowers needed perfecting as I had to inlay. They are 3D and you need to case them into the gel.
- I added an additional accent by crumpling up gold and silver foil and placing it on the nail wherever I wanted a shine factor.
- The look was finished with a topcoat cured for 30 seconds and LeChat CBD Cuticle Oil